Woman sees Virgin Mary on turtle's shell
August 24, 2006 (WLS) -- A pet turtle has probably never gotten so much attention.
Shirley McVane of south suburban Burbank has had two pet turtles for about a year. But it was only recently that she noticed something different about one of them. McVane says a turtle began to develop what she believes is an image of the Virgin Mary on its shell.
"I told some of my friends, you know, 'I got a turtle,' and I said it has the image of the Virgin Mary on it, and I said it's getting plainer and plainer, and they said 'Yeah, Shirley, you're 81 years old. You think we believe that?' I said it's the truth, so now they all believe it," said McVane.
McVane has since renamed the turtle "Mary" and its tank mate "Joseph."
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges 51 min ago
- Kan. couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost... 4 min ago
- Firefighter convicted of wife murder still gets pension in prison 38 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases 8 min ago
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break