Phil Guy, Buddy's brother, dead at 68
CHICAGO (WLS) -- He was the brother of legendary bluesman Buddy Guy and an acclaimed performer in his own right.
Phil Guy died Wednesday morning at Saint James Hospital in Chicago Heights of complications from prostate cancer. He played backup for his brother Buddy and also fronted his own band, Phil Guy and the Chicago Machine.
Buddy Guy has been on tour. He is flying home tonight to be with family members.
Phil Guy was 68 years old.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 14 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 13 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 59 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
14 min ago