Obamas welcome Oprah to White House
December 10, 2009 (WASHINGTON) -- President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle talked about holiday gifts with Oprah Winfrey during a Christmas special filmed at the White House.
In quotes released Wednesday by Harpo Productions, President Obama tells Winfrey that as a rule he gives "nicer stuff than I get." To which Michelle Obama responded, "No way, I gave you good gifts last year."
An Obama supporter, Winfrey's special is to include a tour of White House holiday decorations and an appearance by Bo, the family's dog.
Winfrey also says she asked the president to give himself a grade on the job he has done. Winfrey didn't reveal the grade Obama gave, but said it "might surprise you."
"Christmas at the White House" airs on ABC on Dec. 13 at 10 p.m. EST.
barack obama, oprah, michelle obama, entertainment
Also SeePhotos:A White House Christmas
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Protesters to march against CPS closings
- Panetta Memorial Day Parade's grand marshal
- Teens accused of assault, posting on Facebook
- Event to raise awareness about missing persons
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash 33 min ago
- County jail lice outbreak prompts isolation 57 min ago
- IRS probe ignored most influential groups
- Rose, Davies among honorees at Silver Circle Awards
- Maria's final class graduating
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin