Obamas welcome Oprah to White House
December 10, 2009 (WASHINGTON) -- President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle talked about holiday gifts with Oprah Winfrey during a Christmas special filmed at the White House.
In quotes released Wednesday by Harpo Productions, President Obama tells Winfrey that as a rule he gives "nicer stuff than I get." To which Michelle Obama responded, "No way, I gave you good gifts last year."
An Obama supporter, Winfrey's special is to include a tour of White House holiday decorations and an appearance by Bo, the family's dog.
Winfrey also says she asked the president to give himself a grade on the job he has done. Winfrey didn't reveal the grade Obama gave, but said it "might surprise you."
"Christmas at the White House" airs on ABC on Dec. 13 at 10 p.m. EST.
barack obama, oprah, michelle obama, entertainment
Also SeePhotos:A White House Christmas
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos