Watch Countdown Chicago 2010
(CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Co-hosts Mark Giangreco and Janet Davies, along with Hosea Sanders, 190 North's Michelle Alegria and Mark Nilsson, will once again take the reins of Chicago's favorite New Year's Eve show to help Chicagoans ring in 2010 during ABC 7's COUNTDOWN CHICAGO. The hour-long special rocks in the New Year with the hottest parties, spectacular fireworks, Chi-town musical talent and a video rewind of 2009 and will air live, and in HD, Thursday, December 31 from 11:08 PM-12:15 AM on ABC 7.
It's the biggest party night of the year and ABC 7 viewers will have front row seats to all the excitement and hoopla that are part of this city's New Year's Eve tradition. Davies and Giangreco will be anchoring from BUDDY GUY'S LEGENDS and will invite viewers to visit this landmark before it wraps up its 20-year run at its current location. COUNTDOWN CHICAGO 2010 will also showcase the legend himself, Buddy Guy, while looking back at the glorious past of his world famous blues bar.
Next, viewers will take in the live rock of the Gin Blossoms and Chicago's own "Nicholas Tremulis Orchestra," to keep things jumpin' at the InterContinental Chicago O'Hare Hotel.
Mark Nilsson will go live from one of the city's most popular concert venues, Metro, as alternative rockers and hometown favorites "The Jesus Lizard" will keep the party going well into 2010.
Hosea Sanders will be at the lively and colorful Carnivale, where people will be swaying to the beat with good things to eat. Carnivale highlights will include magical magicians, stilt walkers and sensual Brazilian samba dancers.
COUTDOWN CHICAGO 2010 will take one final look at 2009 to see what happened on the entertainment, restaurant and weather scenes in the Windy City. Mark Giangreco will give his humorous take on the top nine funniest news stories of 2009.
Davies and Giangreco will countdown to 2009 with the help of Grammy-nominated artist, John Primer and popular blues band, Magic Slim & the Teardrops, at which point Chicago's fantastic fireworks display from Navy Pier will bring in the New Year with a bang!
ABC 7's New Year's Eve specials have evolved into a Chicago tradition. COUNTDOWN CHICAGO continues to be a favorite among viewers, far and away Chicago's #1 program at midnight. It will be streamed live at abc7chicago.com.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of COUNTDOWN CHICAGO 2010.
Cathy Vlahogiannis and Edgar Vargas are the producers.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos