FBI posts Michael Jackson files to Web site
December 22, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The FBI has released files on Michael Jackson- including the investigation into child molestation allegations and threats made against the pop star-- months after his death.
Jackson, who grew up in Gary, Ind., before moving to LA with the Jackson Five, was born on August 29, 1958. He died in June at the age of 50.
He was investigated by California law enforcement agencies for possible child molestation between 2004 and 2005. The FBI offered assistance and Jackson was acquitted of the charges.
FBI officials also investigated threats made against Jackson during that time, as well as extortion threats made against him in 1992.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs 27 min ago
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice 13 min ago
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 33 min ago
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton 14 min ago
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- 7 in 77