FBI posts Michael Jackson files to Web site
December 22, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The FBI has released files on Michael Jackson- including the investigation into child molestation allegations and threats made against the pop star-- months after his death.
Jackson, who grew up in Gary, Ind., before moving to LA with the Jackson Five, was born on August 29, 1958. He died in June at the age of 50.
He was investigated by California law enforcement agencies for possible child molestation between 2004 and 2005. The FBI offered assistance and Jackson was acquitted of the charges.
FBI officials also investigated threats made against Jackson during that time, as well as extortion threats made against him in 1992.
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 4 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 26 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos