Radio's top 10 holiday songs list
December 22, 2009 (WLS) -- The most played holiday song is "Sleigh Ride," according to The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers.
"Sleigh Ride" was written by Leroy Anderson and Mitchell Parish and has been played more than 118,918 times this year, acording to the ASCAP. Other top five songs included "Jingle Bell Rock," "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year," "White Christmas" and "Winter Wonderland."
Radio's top 10 holiday songs list:
Each song on the list represents an aggregation of all different artist versions totaled together.
1. "Sleigh Ride" (Leroy Anderson, Mitchell Parish) -- played 118,918 times
2. "Jingle Bell Rock" (Joseph Carleton Beal, James Roth Boothe) -- played 118,601 times
3. "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" (Edward Pola, George Wyle) -- played 101,614 times
4. "White Christmas" (Irving Berlin) -- played 89,348 times
5. "Winter Wonderland" (Felix Bernard, Richard B. Smith) -- played 77,599 times
6. "The Christmas Song" (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire) (Mel Tormé, Robert Wells) -- played 74,360 times.
7. "A Holly Jolly Christmas" (Johnny Marks) -- played 57,948 times
8. "Little Drummer Boy" (Katherine K. Davis, Henry V. Onorati, Harry Simeone) -- played 55,617 times.
9. "Feliz Navidad" (José Feliciano) -- played 51,072 times
10. "Frosty the Snowman" (Steve Nelson, Walter E. Rollins) -- played 51,068 times
ASCAP is a performing rights organization representing more than 8.5 million copyrighted musical works from more than 370,000 songwriters, composers and music publishers.
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos