Best and Worst Super Bowl Ads
February 8, 2010 -- Super Bowl commercials generate as much interest, if not more, than the football game itself.
The ads can be clever, creative, controversial and funny. And while some may miss the mark, they're rarely boring. Many inspire post-game water cooler conversation.
For the past six years, two professors from Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management, play Monday-morning quarterback by conducting a review of the Super Bowl advertising. Tim Calkins and Derek Rucker, along with a student panel of Kellogg marketing students, watch the game and rate the commercials.
NU's is the only review that uses an academic criteria to rank the ads. Unlike other popularity-based rankings, the Kellogg Review evaluates an advertisement on key factors that can help drive sales and favorably impact the company's bottom line and brand awareness
You can find out more at http://kelloggsuperbowlreview.wordpress.com/
FAST FACTS ABOUT 2010 SUPER BOWL ADSFrom Super Bowl Advertising Review Blog
Controversial anti-abortion ad is scheduled to air; featuring the mother of college football's Heisman trophy winner Tim Tebow
No appearance by legendary Clydesdales in Anheuser-Busch ads.
No Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Gatorade or Sierra Mist ads; a huge shift for Pepsi brands, a core Super Bowl player, with spots running in the last 23 games
E-Trade's Talking Babies return for the third consecutive year.
More than 1,000 people sent in ideas for consumer generated ads for CareerBuilder.com; 3 will air.
Chrysler returns to Super Bowl; no U.S. automaker advertised in 2009. last year
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold 12 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- 7 in 77
10 min ago