Oprah to sell shoes, bags in online auction
February 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you ever wanted to walk in Oprah's shoes, now's your chance. She's cleaning out her closet.
Oprah Winfrey is auctioning 150 items on eBay. The money will go toward Winfrey's school in South Africa.
Oprah loves shoes-- and there will be plenty to choose in the size 10 range from Prada and Jimmy Choo to Ralph Lauren. The Olympic Chicago 2016 delegate jacket she wore to Copenhagen is up for bid. And, there will also be designer purses.
"Bags are really great. For a while Oprah was collecting a lot of small bags, really beautiful bags. Here we have Bottega Veneta, from Chanel. A lot of people give Oprah things they make but she's really come to the conclusion small bags don't work for her anymore because she carries a big tote. She loves stylish shoes because on the show she actually just carries them onto the set," said Adam Glasman, creative director, "O" Magazine.
Mark your calendars: The auction starts March 1st and runs through March 11th on eBay.
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Kellie Pickler wins 'Dancing with the Stars'
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos