Oprah to sell shoes, bags in online auction
February 24, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- If you ever wanted to walk in Oprah's shoes, now's your chance. She's cleaning out her closet.
Oprah Winfrey is auctioning 150 items on eBay. The money will go toward Winfrey's school in South Africa.
Oprah loves shoes-- and there will be plenty to choose in the size 10 range from Prada and Jimmy Choo to Ralph Lauren. The Olympic Chicago 2016 delegate jacket she wore to Copenhagen is up for bid. And, there will also be designer purses.
"Bags are really great. For a while Oprah was collecting a lot of small bags, really beautiful bags. Here we have Bottega Veneta, from Chanel. A lot of people give Oprah things they make but she's really come to the conclusion small bags don't work for her anymore because she carries a big tote. She loves stylish shoes because on the show she actually just carries them onto the set," said Adam Glasman, creative director, "O" Magazine.
Mark your calendars: The auction starts March 1st and runs through March 11th on eBay.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake