Interview with General Hospital's Lucky
June 1, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Recently, the 37th annual Daytime Emmy nominations were announced, and leading the pack was General Hospital with 18 nominations.
Jonathan Jackson, who plays Lucky Spencer, was one of the actors who was nominated, and ABC7's Tracy Butler recently had the chance to talk to him via Skype.
Tracy Butler: Fairly recently, you returned to General Hospital to reprise the role you originated. What was it like to hear that you were nominated?
Jonathan Jackson: I was really excited and surprised to be honest. I got a call at 6 a.m. in Los Angeles and I was so bewildered. I had no idea what was going on!
Butler: What have you really enjoyed, and what did you miss about playing Lucky?
Jackson: There were a lot of things. On a personal level for me, I really missed working with some of the actors. Starting at 11 years old and working with Tony Heary and Genie Francis was such an incredible experience. When I left in 1999, I always wanted to be able to come back and work with them again. For various reasons, it didn't happen for a long time, but coming back and working with Tony has been incredible. Working with Becky has been amazing and Tyler and there are so many actors that I really missed as friends and as people and it's just - it's been amazing to come back in and be a part of it.
Butler: If you could write the next story line for Lucky, where would you like to see him go?
Jackson: I don't know. Recovering from the breakup with Elizabeth is intense. I don't know if there's going to be other relationships for him that happen, whether or not Elizabeth and Lucky are going to reconcile at some point - there's a lot there with the cop and mob drama with Jason and Sonny and Lucky's history with his family being connected to the mafia and all that kind of stuff. So you know there's a lot of fun tension to play with.
The Daytime Emmys will be announced on Sunday, June 27 in Las Vegas. You can watch General Hospital on ABC7 at 2 p.m.
entertainment, tracy butler
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake