New book shows Mike Royko's softer side
September 2, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- He was street smart, wickedly funny and wielded his pen like a mighty sword.
Mike Royko was a Chicago newspaper columnist known for his colorful stories about Chicago.
Royko passed away 13 years ago at the age of 64 with few people knowing much about his private life. His son David visited ABC 7's State Street Studio to talk with about a new book of love letters by his father that reveals a side of the journalist few knew.
entertainment, janet davies
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in fatal Dan Ryan crash 25 min ago
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 35 min ago
- Florida sinkhole threatens 2 Orlando-area homes
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple...
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77