New book shows Mike Royko's softer side
September 2, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- He was street smart, wickedly funny and wielded his pen like a mighty sword.
Mike Royko was a Chicago newspaper columnist known for his colorful stories about Chicago.
Royko passed away 13 years ago at the age of 64 with few people knowing much about his private life. His son David visited ABC 7's State Street Studio to talk with about a new book of love letters by his father that reveals a side of the journalist few knew.
entertainment, janet davies
- Riverdale body ID'd as Amierah Roberson, 1, missing from Chicago's South Side 15 min ago
- Murder warrant issued for LSD standoff suspect 16 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Controversial 'Pure American' billboard removed 37 min ago
- Unclaimed items auctioned off by treasurer's office
- Gary Bettenhausen, race car driver, dead at 72 57 min ago
- Kevin Trudeau to be sentenced in federal court
- Train incident stops Metra at Grayslake during morning commute
- Semi rolls over at I-80 in Country Club Hills
- NIT 2014 bracket puts Illini as No. 2 seed
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- Riverdale body ID'd as Amierah Roberson, 1,...
15 min ago
- Murder warrant issued for LSD standoff...
16 min ago