New book shows Mike Royko's softer side
September 2, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- He was street smart, wickedly funny and wielded his pen like a mighty sword.
Mike Royko was a Chicago newspaper columnist known for his colorful stories about Chicago.
Royko passed away 13 years ago at the age of 64 with few people knowing much about his private life. His son David visited ABC 7's State Street Studio to talk with about a new book of love letters by his father that reveals a side of the journalist few knew.
entertainment, janet davies
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
58 min ago