Janet Davies Interviews: Dusty Huscher
September 22, 2010 (WLS) -- In 1961, the global poverty organization CARE established its mission in Afghanistan. In 1971 CARE suspended its activities due to the Russian invasion but resumed in 1989.
Currently, part of its focus in that country is to educate girls by mobilizing communities, training teachers, building schools and protecting female students from attack. Chicago businessman Dusty Huscher is part of this mission. He has been funding the building of secondary schools for girls in remote regions& schools he is not even allowed to visit when students are there. But his work on behalf of vulnerable young Afghan girls goes on as he tells Janet Davies.
entertainment, janet davies
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos