Janet Davies Interviews: Dusty Huscher
September 22, 2010 (WLS) -- In 1961, the global poverty organization CARE established its mission in Afghanistan. In 1971 CARE suspended its activities due to the Russian invasion but resumed in 1989.
Currently, part of its focus in that country is to educate girls by mobilizing communities, training teachers, building schools and protecting female students from attack. Chicago businessman Dusty Huscher is part of this mission. He has been funding the building of secondary schools for girls in remote regions& schools he is not even allowed to visit when students are there. But his work on behalf of vulnerable young Afghan girls goes on as he tells Janet Davies.
entertainment, janet davies
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 14 min ago
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bensenville police shooting injures man
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos