Bush to speak in Chicago Thursday
November 10, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Former president George W. Bush will speak at the Union League Club in downtown Chicago as part of his "Decision Points" book tour Thursday.
The event will takes place at 8:45 a.m.
"Decision Points" is described as a political autobiography. Bush brings readers inside the Texas Governor's Mansion on the night of the hotly contested 2000 election; aboard Air Force One on 9/11, in the hours after America's most devastating attack since Pearl Harbor; at the head of the table in the Situation Room in the moments before launching the war in Iraq; and behind the Oval Office desk for his historic and controversial decisions on the financial crisis, Hurricane Katrina, Afghanistan, Iran, and other issues.
Bush also writes about family matters and important personal decisions in his life.
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- London theater balcony believed to have collapsed 10 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts 11 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus