'Superman' to be shot in Plano
March 28, 2011 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Chicago area will have a starring role in a ''Superman'' movie remake.
There are new faces for the new big screen adventure. British actor Henry Cavill is the lead in "Superman: Man of Steel."
The role of Lois Lane will be played by Amy Adams. Director Zack Snyder says Adams has all the qualities to play the feisty reporter -- humor, grit and beauty.
Crain's Chicago Business reports that filming will take place in the Chicago area starting in August and will be centered in far west suburban Plano.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap