'Superman' to be shot in Plano
March 28, 2011 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Chicago area will have a starring role in a ''Superman'' movie remake.
There are new faces for the new big screen adventure. British actor Henry Cavill is the lead in "Superman: Man of Steel."
The role of Lois Lane will be played by Amy Adams. Director Zack Snyder says Adams has all the qualities to play the feisty reporter -- humor, grit and beauty.
Crain's Chicago Business reports that filming will take place in the Chicago area starting in August and will be centered in far west suburban Plano.
- Man shot to death in Zion Aldi parking lot
- 'Sexting' ends Evanston HS baseball season early
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
- Freight train collides with semi-truck in Barrington
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave