Farewell finale to surprise fans -- and even Oprah
April 28, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Oprah Winfrey will tape two of her final three shows at Chicago's United Center on May 17. Tickets become available Friday at 10 a.m.
Tickets to the May 17 taping of "Surprise Oprah! A Farewell Spectacular" will be available online on Oprah.com Friday starting at 10 a.m.
The show will bring in celebrities to celebrate 25 years of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." That show will air over two days, May 23 and 24. The very last Oprah Show will air on May 25.
Oprah producers are keeping the guest lineup a secret from Oprah. Those names will not be announced a head of time.
"We are our own competition. We do try to outdo ourselves all the time. I have a feeling that May 17 will be nothing like we have done before," Sally Lou Loveman, Oprah spokesperson, said. "It is the biggest challenge we have. We have 11 days to ticket it, so we have a big challenge."
Fans lucky enough to get a ticket will get confirmations on Tuesday.
On Thursday, Shania Twain taped a show at the Harpo Studio. "It was great, especially considering it is her last season, and all this merchandise will be gone. It is the last of its kind," said Jennifer Zurowski, who came from Canada to watch the show and stop at the Oprah Store, which will be closing. Zurowski's brother agrees. "It was fantastic. She is an icon. It is the end of an era," Mike Tobin said.
"This is not the end of Oprah. This is the end of "The Oprah Winfrey Show." There is a lot more of Oprah to come on her network, OWN," Loveman said.
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 48 min ago
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 10 min ago
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Illinois pension battle brewing after law passes
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado 41 min ago
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville 52 min ago
- Todd Stroger not running for Cook Co. Board 4 min ago
- Lucas, Hobson donate $25M to After School Matters 54 min ago
- Atheists erect 8-foot 'A' in Chicago to mark holidays
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- abcnews: Truck carrying radioactive material stolen
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
10 min ago
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
41 min ago