Thousands audition as extras for 'Superman' sequel
June 25, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands hoping to land a spot in the filming of the "Superman" sequel turned out for auditions Saturday afternoon.
Producers held an open casting call for extras at the Chicago Academy for the Arts in Chicago.
This followed similar casting calls last weekend in Naperville and Plano. Production on the film begins in August and will be shot in Plano, Naperville and Chicago.
"Man of Steel" is scheduled to hit theaters in 2012 and stars Henry Cavill as Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane and Russell Crowe as Jor-El.
- Dad says body in lake likely missing UofC student 18 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 22 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 26 min ago
- Special session expected to form pension committee 52 min ago
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- IDOT proposes tolls for Illiana Expressway 59 min ago
- AMA recognizes obesity as a disease 43 min ago
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
26 min ago
- Dad says body in lake likely missing UofC...
18 min ago
- Special session expected to form pension...
52 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos