Oprah Winfrey expanding role at OWN channel
NEW YORK -- Oprah Winfrey says she's expanding her role at the Oprah Winfrey Network (OWN).
The former talk show host said she'll become the chief executive officer and chief creative officer beginning this fall.
The former CEO, Christina Norman, was let go in May after disappointing ratings for the channel.
OWN premiered Jan. 1. Winfrey ended her talk show in May to focus on the network.
oprah winfrey, entertainment
- Tanker truck rollover closes eastbound Indiana Toll Road
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 39 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated 42 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- CTA Blue Line train service resumes
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
39 min ago
- 7 in :77
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
42 min ago