Chicago names street for blues legend Buddy Guy
August 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago Blues legend Buddy Guy may seem ageless, but he has just turned 75.
His blues club Buddy Guy's Legends held a party for him Sunday night.
Alderman Bob Fioretti, 2nd Wad, read a proclamation from Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel saluting Guy on his birthday, and he presented Guy with an honorary street-name sign.
The 700-block of South Wabash Street outside Buddy Guy's Legends is now known as Buddy Guy Way.
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Blackhawks D Seabrook suspended for hit on Backes 3 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home