Shops close in Plano for Superman movie shoot
August 22, 2011 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Starting Monday, the small town of Plano may be better known as "Smallville," the home of Clark Kent.
The movie "Superman: Man of Steel" is shooting there this week.
Warner Brothers has placed sets around the town, and Chopper 7HD captured images of a chopper on a small street.
Kevin Costner and Diane Lane, who play Jonathan and Martha Kent, are expected to be spotted soon. Henry Cavill stars as Superman.
Local shops are expected to be closed until August 28 for the shoot.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos