Shops close in Plano for Superman movie shoot
August 22, 2011 (PLANO, Ill.) (WLS) -- Starting Monday, the small town of Plano may be better known as "Smallville," the home of Clark Kent.
The movie "Superman: Man of Steel" is shooting there this week.
Warner Brothers has placed sets around the town, and Chopper 7HD captured images of a chopper on a small street.
Kevin Costner and Diane Lane, who play Jonathan and Martha Kent, are expected to be spotted soon. Henry Cavill stars as Superman.
Local shops are expected to be closed until August 28 for the shoot.
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 54 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Boston Marathon bombing comment no threat to St. Patrick's Day...
- CTA Green Line briefly interrupted
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Lawmakers say DCFS faces 'horrendous' challenges
- Free small business expo begins in Chicago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD