Oprah welcomes Rosie to the West Loop
September 15, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There was major star power in the West Loop Thursday afternoon.
Oprah Winfrey unveiled a new sign at Harpo Studios to welcome Rosie O'Donnell and ''The Rosie Show'' to Chicago.
"I'm really thrilled that I was able to keep the studio, and not only keep it, but have one of the people whom I've admired over the years, who used to be a great competitor of mine to now be a partner and friend and to inherit the studio that brought me such grace and such wonder and such ability to have a platform that served our viewers," said Winfrey.
"It's really overwhelming," O'Donnell said. "Not a lot of people get a second shot and this a second shot that's even bigger than the first shot."
Oprah's show has been of the air about three and a half months, but Rosie hasn't had a show in 10 years, and it's been three years since she was on "The View."
"The Rosie Show" debuts on Oprah's OWN cable channel on October 10 at 6 p.m.
oprah, entertainment, janet davies
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 30 min ago
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer 38 min ago
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 15 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee 47 min ago
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 49 min ago
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
15 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day celebrations continue
42 min ago
- Grab a pint or legendary pizza in Beverly
37 min ago
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
47 min ago