Roger Ebert honored with Carl Sandburg Award
October 21, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Film critic Roger Ebert was honored Thursday night for literary excellence at a gala event.The Chicago Public Library Foundation presented him with the Carl Sandburg Award. In addition to winning a Pulitzer Prize for his film reviews in the Chicago Sun-Times, Ebert has written more than 20 books.
His recent autobiography "Life Itself" is a best-seller. He's also been honored for his popular blog.
Others recognized at the event include David Axelrod, Dennis DeYoung, Jim Lovell and Scott Turow.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 7 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet 31 min ago
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge 34 min ago
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
46 min ago