Volo museum now home to 'Grease' car
November 20, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The original car used in the iconic movie "Grease" has arrived at a museum in Volo.
Fans turned out for the unveiling of the car at the Volo Auto Museum Saturday. The car had been rusting for years at a restoration company in California.
The Volo Car Museum got a tip about the car, bought it and paid for the restoration.
Now, the car is on display to the public for the first time in almost 34 years.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos