Janet Davies Interviews: Dennis Downes
March 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Before there were highways, railroads, even wagon trails& there was an intricate system of 'roadways' used by native Americans.
. And to find them, tribes created Trail Marker Trees to lead the way.
Few people know the history of this rapidly disappearing part of our North American history. Artist and author Dennis Downes is one of the foremost experts in Trail Marker Trees and has written a book called Native American Trail Marker Trees: Marking Paths Through the Wilderness.
entertainment, janet davies
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party 41 min ago
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead 54 min ago
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross 40 min ago
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds 57 min ago
- Newsviews - Tom Cross
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos