Janet Davies Interviews: Dennis Downes
March 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Before there were highways, railroads, even wagon trails& there was an intricate system of 'roadways' used by native Americans.
. And to find them, tribes created Trail Marker Trees to lead the way.
Few people know the history of this rapidly disappearing part of our North American history. Artist and author Dennis Downes is one of the foremost experts in Trail Marker Trees and has written a book called Native American Trail Marker Trees: Marking Paths Through the Wilderness.
entertainment, janet davies
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Durbin presses regulators to prevent tanker tragedies
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus