John Cusack talks with fans at comic expo
April 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Evanston's own John Cusack made a special appearance at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo.
After his hour-long session with a large audience, a small group of fans got to chat with him about his new film, "The Raven."
Cusack stars as Edgar Allan Poe.
The group asked questions mostly about the film but also covered screenplay writing and researching characters.
Cusack spoke about being drawn into the legend of Poe and all of the genres in which he wrote.
"The seeds he planted just grew out in so many different directions, from like science fiction, Jules Verne, to like, hoaxes to being punked and pranked, like you know, to gothic horror, to - I mean, this mystical stuff, to great poetry," said Cusack.
Cuscak said the mystical parts of Poe interested him the most.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 40 min ago
- Chicago art exhibit celebrates food 49 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Siblings becoming guardians of disabled adults
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Feds: Woman caught after 36 years on run 37 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos