John Cusack talks with fans at comic expo
April 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Evanston's own John Cusack made a special appearance at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo.
After his hour-long session with a large audience, a small group of fans got to chat with him about his new film, "The Raven."
Cusack stars as Edgar Allan Poe.
The group asked questions mostly about the film but also covered screenplay writing and researching characters.
Cusack spoke about being drawn into the legend of Poe and all of the genres in which he wrote.
"The seeds he planted just grew out in so many different directions, from like science fiction, Jules Verne, to like, hoaxes to being punked and pranked, like you know, to gothic horror, to - I mean, this mystical stuff, to great poetry," said Cusack.
Cuscak said the mystical parts of Poe interested him the most.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home