John Cusack talks with fans at comic expo
April 15, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Evanston's own John Cusack made a special appearance at the Chicago Comic and Entertainment Expo.
After his hour-long session with a large audience, a small group of fans got to chat with him about his new film, "The Raven."
Cusack stars as Edgar Allan Poe.
The group asked questions mostly about the film but also covered screenplay writing and researching characters.
Cusack spoke about being drawn into the legend of Poe and all of the genres in which he wrote.
"The seeds he planted just grew out in so many different directions, from like science fiction, Jules Verne, to like, hoaxes to being punked and pranked, like you know, to gothic horror, to - I mean, this mystical stuff, to great poetry," said Cusack.
Cuscak said the mystical parts of Poe interested him the most.
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 6 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- School, Emergency Closings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos