Hundreds line up to meet Kim and Khloe Kardashian at Schaumburg's Woodfield Mall
April 20, 2012 (SCHAUMBURG, Ill.) (WLS) -- Hundreds of people braved the rain and cold Friday, camping out to see reality TV stars Kim and Khloe Kardashian at Schaumburg's Woodfield Mall.Fans pitched tents, brought lounge chairs and bundled up outside the Sears store. They lined up long before doors opened at 5 p.m. to see the sisters promote their Sears "Kardashian Kollection" clothing and accessory line.
Their mother, Kris Jenner, came out and greeted those who were not able to get into the store.
"It's amazing," she said. "All these people like waited until yesterday to see the girls and they're inside now greeting their fans. And it's been an amazing day."
They also spoke about their anti-bullying campaign.
"It was actually Khloe, who has had a personal situation that she mentioned to me," said Tom Aiello, Sears vice president. "When she was younger, she would get bullied. And it was something that really left an impression on her, and she's really passionate about making a difference to help stop this for other kids."
Kourtney Kardashian, who is pregnant, was not be able to attend.
Loyal fans endured frigid temperatures for a chance to meet the Kardashian sisters. Some came from as far away as the East Coast and began lining up Thursday. They were committed to spending the night outside the mall in hopes of being one of the first fans through the door.
Many said it's the Kardashians' close-knit family, fashion and beauty, and how they handle adversity and all the media attention, that makes them exciting. Some said it was a once in a lifetime experience.
"No words can describe how amazing that was," said Leslie Luna. "It was amazing ... they're the nicest, most beautiful people ever."
"We got here at 3:30 (Thursday afternoon)," said Jessica Calvillo.
"Considering my mother is obsessed with them, and I watch the show every week with her, they grew on me," said fan Peter Finucane.
"I feel like they're really good role models." said Nancy Garcia. "Even though they get criticized, they're actually hard working people that we should admire."
The Kardashians were scheduled to greet fans between 5-7 p.m.
entertainment, evelyn holmes
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says 40 min ago
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana 39 min ago
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Governor, Mayor in high-stakes game of Chicago hold 'em
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll...
40 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos