Dannielynn Birkhead, 5, asks about mother's death
June 18, 2012 (WLS) -- Dannielynn Birkhead will turn 6 years old in September. Anna Nicole Smith's daughter became the focus of international headlines after Smith's death in 2007.
Recent video shows the girl shopping for toys. Her father, Larry Birkhead, said that Dannielynn asked some tough questions about her mother when they visited the Bahamas, where Smith and her son, Daniel, are buried.
"Well, this time was a little tough because she has a little bit better understanding of things. You know, she said, 'Why did mommy die?' And I said, 'You know, they doctors couldn't fix her. But if you're good that, you know, you'll get to see her some day,'" Birkhead said.
Birkhead says he wants to keep Anna Nicole's image alive in a positive way for his daughter. Read more in his interview with ABC News at abcnews.go.com
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 51 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 5 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine 37 min ago
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Chicago Bulls launch 'SEE RED' playoff campaign
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos