R. Kelly suffering complications from vocal cord surgery
June 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- R&B singer R. Kelly is said to be suffering complications from throat surgery.
Kelly's publicist released a statement Wednesday saying Kelly was on his way to New York to make several promotional appearances when he became ill.
The singer returned to Chicago for medical treatment.
The Chicago native had surgery last year to treat an abscess on his vocal cords.
Kelly's new album Write Me Back was released Tuesday. His memoir, Soulacoaster: The Diary of Me, comes out Thursday.
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos