ABC News: Divorce 'complete surprise' for Tom Cruise
June 29, 2012 (WLS) -- Katie Holmes filed for divorce on Thursday from her husband, Tom Cruise, according to ABC News.
"Katie Holmes did file for divorce yesterday. Tom Cruise is saddened by this news, but is concentrating on his children," Cruise's longtime entertainment attorney told ABC News.
Another source close to Cruise tells ABC News that the filing was a "complete surprise" to him, and that Holmes asked for "sole custody of Suri."
Cruise, 49, and Holmes, 33, married in November 2006. They have one daughter, Suri, 6.
Holmes filed the divorce papers in New York on Thursday. Cruise does not yet have a divorce attorney, according to reports.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Shootings leave 2 dead, several injured 35 min ago
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 40 min ago
- Protesters to march against CPS closings 48 min ago
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
40 min ago
- ABC7 tests alternate Red Line route
38 min ago