DirecTV, Viacom negotiations appear to stall
July 19, 2012 (WLS) -- Viacom says it's not making any progress in its dispute with DirecTV.
In a blog post, Viacom claims the satellite TV operator has "no intention of working with us" and that talks have "moved backwards."
In response, DirecTV says Viacom's statement is inaccurate and that it is ready to make a deal.
Last week, all Viacom networks were removed from DirecTV, including popular channels like MTV, Comedy Central and Nickelodeon.
At issue is the amount DirecTV must pay Viacom per subscriber to carry those channels.
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders 6 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare Dominick's final days 52 min ago
- Midlothian store allegedly burglarized 3 times in 1 night 44 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop...
6 min ago
- Amer Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in...
2 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos