Katherine Jackson to celebrate Michael's birthday in Gary, Indiana
August 1, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Michael Jackson's Mother announced Tuesday she is returning to the family home in Gary, Indiana, to celebrate what would have been her son's 54th birthday.
The Jackson family released a statement stating that Katherine Jackson will be accompanied by three of her children on the visit later this month.
The celebration is being called "Going Back to Indiana: Can You Feel It?"
A candlelight vigil is planned for the birthday memorial on August 29 at the Jackson home.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos