Cyndi Lauper puts on her 'Kinky Boots' in Chicago
August 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Millennium Park became Broadway in Chicago for a night with musicals taking center stage at the Pritzker Pavilion.
Rock diva Cyndi Lauper put on her "Kinky Boots" for the finale!
Lauper performed with the cast of "Kinky Boots".
She wrote the score and lyrics.
The world premiere is at the Bank of America Theatre in October in a pre-Broadway run.
ABC7's Janet Davies hosted the concert.
The event featured songs from shows including "War Horse" and "Sister Act" that will be playing here in upcoming months.
- Church van crash kills 5 in Vandalia, Illinois 2 min ago
- School closings march protests CPS consolidations
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mixed reviews for Red Line Reconstruction rush hour
- Donald Trump plaintiff: Someone must stand up to 'Celebrity...
- Tinley Park man charged with carjacking ex-wife 58 min ago
- Burned body found inside Avondale dumpster
- Man accused of sexually assaulting, abusing teen girls
- Desiree Rogers named chair of Chicago tourism board
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Photos: Eva Longoria on night of wardrobe malfunction
- Photos: 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- Lunch Break
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos