Cyndi Lauper puts on her 'Kinky Boots' in Chicago
August 6, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Millennium Park became Broadway in Chicago for a night with musicals taking center stage at the Pritzker Pavilion.
Rock diva Cyndi Lauper put on her "Kinky Boots" for the finale!
Lauper performed with the cast of "Kinky Boots".
She wrote the score and lyrics.
The world premiere is at the Bank of America Theatre in October in a pre-Broadway run.
ABC7's Janet Davies hosted the concert.
The event featured songs from shows including "War Horse" and "Sister Act" that will be playing here in upcoming months.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 37 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 17 min ago
- Kevin Sharp dead at 43; country singer battled cancer young
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77