Julia Child 100th birthday would have been Wednesday
August 15, 2012 (WLS) -- Famed cooking guru Julia Child would have been 100 this week.
In 1996, TV Guide named the humorous master chef and author one of the 50 greatest TV stars of all time.
She died August 13, 2004, two days before her 92nd birthday.
To celebrate Child's centennial, the Smithsonian's Museum of American History is holding a Happy 100th Julia Child Festival.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine 50 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe...
50 min ago