Soul Train creator Don Cornelius inducted into Ill. Broadcasters Hall of Fame
August 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The creator of Soul Train was inducted into the Illinois Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame Friday night. Don Cornelius died in February.
"We experienced him, we believe in him, we'll never forget him," said
Family members were on hand for the ceremony, which included a performance by the Chi-lights who appeared on the first episode of Soul Train. Other prominent Chicagoans were on hand to remember Cornelius.
Soul Train debuted on television 42 years ago.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 20 min ago
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 50 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions 53 min ago
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children 35 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- CPS to convert Logan Square school into military academy
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
50 min ago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
20 min ago