Soul Train creator Don Cornelius inducted into Ill. Broadcasters Hall of Fame
August 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The creator of Soul Train was inducted into the Illinois Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame Friday night. Don Cornelius died in February.
"We experienced him, we believe in him, we'll never forget him," said
Family members were on hand for the ceremony, which included a performance by the Chi-lights who appeared on the first episode of Soul Train. Other prominent Chicagoans were on hand to remember Cornelius.
Soul Train debuted on television 42 years ago.
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder 45 min ago
- 2nd video released allegedly shows guard push student 8 min ago
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Elgin teens building home for tornado victim
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 2nd video released allegedly shows guard...
8 min ago