Soul Train creator Don Cornelius inducted into Ill. Broadcasters Hall of Fame
August 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The creator of Soul Train was inducted into the Illinois Broadcasters Association Hall of Fame Friday night. Don Cornelius died in February.
"We experienced him, we believe in him, we'll never forget him," said
Family members were on hand for the ceremony, which included a performance by the Chi-lights who appeared on the first episode of Soul Train. Other prominent Chicagoans were on hand to remember Cornelius.
Soul Train debuted on television 42 years ago.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 9 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout