Prince, Paris Jackson in Gary to honor Michael Jackson on 54th birthday
August 29, 2012 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Wednesday would have been Michael Jackson's 54th birthday.
Two of his children are remembering Jackson in his home town of Gary.
Prince and Paris Jackson appeared at a news conference at the Majestic Star Casino. Gary's mayor, Karen Freeman-Wilson, gave them t-shirts and buttons in an effort to promote the town as Jackson's home.
"This is all about a celebration of your dad," Freeman-Wilson said, "but we just want you to know how much he meant to each and every one of us."
Among the many events planned for Jackson's birthday: an exhibit of Jackson's family photos now on display. Photos from Thriller and TV specials are among those on display.
A vigil is planned for Wednesday night at Jackson's boyhood home.
entertainment, janet davies
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wicker Park water main break gushes for hours
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- Suit: Wrestler dating ex pushed man down stairs at custody...
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Boston bombing remembered 1 year later
- Photos: Easter traditions explained 10 min ago
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77
8 min ago