Nazanin Boniadi allegedly groomed to date Tom Cruise
September 5, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- The cover story in the October issue of Vanity Fair claims the Church of Scientology allegedly auditioned possible love interests for superstar actor Tom Cruise.
Maureen Orth's cover story says the church used videotaped auditions to find Cruise not only a devout scientologist but "a drop-dead beautiful true believer to share his life" and, according to Vanity Fair, they found that person -- "a believer they thought could actually wear the glass slippers."
Nazanin Boniadi is an Iranian-born, London-raised 25-year-old actress.
According to the article, Boniadi underwent a month-long vetting process, was asked to reveal every detail of "her innermost secrets, including every detail of her sex life." The article also claims the church told her to darken her hair to "emphasize her ethnicity" and encouraged her to break up with her boyfriend, who she was reportedly hoping to marry.
Then in November of 2004, the article reports, Boniadi flew first class to New York to meet Cruise for the first time for her dream date, touring the Empire State Building, dining at upscale sushi restaurant Nobu and private ice skating at Rockefeller Center.
Orth reports Boniadi and Cruise became inseparable, but he also continued to groom her, including allegedly wanting "Boniadi's incisor teeth filed down."
According to Orth, the relationship began to hit sour notes when Boniadi wasn't as publicly affectionate as Cruise would have liked and when he felt she wasn't sufficiently respectful of David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Ccientology.
The Vanity Fair article reports that Boniadi's relationship with Cruise ended abruptly in January of 2005.
Representatives for Cruise say the entire report is false. And in a statement to ABC News, a scientology spokesman says: "There was no project, secret or otherwise, ever conducted by the Church to find a bride. The allegation and entire premise of the Vanity Fair article is totally false."
Boniadi appearanced in nine episodes of CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" in 2011 and on "General Hospital" as Leyla Mir from 2007-2009.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs 8 min ago
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in trunk of car in West Englewood 17 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures? 15 min ago
- CPS closings numbers compared to other major cities
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests 47 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
- Free movies at Millennium Park this summer
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting
- abcnews: Twitter Beefs Up User Security 7 min ago
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
8 min ago
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without...
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos