Nazanin Boniadi allegedly groomed to date Tom Cruise
September 5, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- The cover story in the October issue of Vanity Fair claims the Church of Scientology allegedly auditioned possible love interests for superstar actor Tom Cruise.
Maureen Orth's cover story says the church used videotaped auditions to find Cruise not only a devout scientologist but "a drop-dead beautiful true believer to share his life" and, according to Vanity Fair, they found that person -- "a believer they thought could actually wear the glass slippers."
Nazanin Boniadi is an Iranian-born, London-raised 25-year-old actress.
According to the article, Boniadi underwent a month-long vetting process, was asked to reveal every detail of "her innermost secrets, including every detail of her sex life." The article also claims the church told her to darken her hair to "emphasize her ethnicity" and encouraged her to break up with her boyfriend, who she was reportedly hoping to marry.
Then in November of 2004, the article reports, Boniadi flew first class to New York to meet Cruise for the first time for her dream date, touring the Empire State Building, dining at upscale sushi restaurant Nobu and private ice skating at Rockefeller Center.
Orth reports Boniadi and Cruise became inseparable, but he also continued to groom her, including allegedly wanting "Boniadi's incisor teeth filed down."
According to Orth, the relationship began to hit sour notes when Boniadi wasn't as publicly affectionate as Cruise would have liked and when he felt she wasn't sufficiently respectful of David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Ccientology.
The Vanity Fair article reports that Boniadi's relationship with Cruise ended abruptly in January of 2005.
Representatives for Cruise say the entire report is false. And in a statement to ABC News, a scientology spokesman says: "There was no project, secret or otherwise, ever conducted by the Church to find a bride. The allegation and entire premise of the Vanity Fair article is totally false."
Boniadi appearanced in nine episodes of CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" in 2011 and on "General Hospital" as Leyla Mir from 2007-2009.
- Guilty verdict in Allan Kustok murder trial 9 min ago
- Photos: Farm animals rescued in Kane County 36 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 32 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Netflix subscribers targeted in phishing scam 43 min ago
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos