Nazanin Boniadi allegedly groomed to date Tom Cruise
September 5, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- The cover story in the October issue of Vanity Fair claims the Church of Scientology allegedly auditioned possible love interests for superstar actor Tom Cruise.
Maureen Orth's cover story says the church used videotaped auditions to find Cruise not only a devout scientologist but "a drop-dead beautiful true believer to share his life" and, according to Vanity Fair, they found that person -- "a believer they thought could actually wear the glass slippers."
Nazanin Boniadi is an Iranian-born, London-raised 25-year-old actress.
According to the article, Boniadi underwent a month-long vetting process, was asked to reveal every detail of "her innermost secrets, including every detail of her sex life." The article also claims the church told her to darken her hair to "emphasize her ethnicity" and encouraged her to break up with her boyfriend, who she was reportedly hoping to marry.
Then in November of 2004, the article reports, Boniadi flew first class to New York to meet Cruise for the first time for her dream date, touring the Empire State Building, dining at upscale sushi restaurant Nobu and private ice skating at Rockefeller Center.
Orth reports Boniadi and Cruise became inseparable, but he also continued to groom her, including allegedly wanting "Boniadi's incisor teeth filed down."
According to Orth, the relationship began to hit sour notes when Boniadi wasn't as publicly affectionate as Cruise would have liked and when he felt she wasn't sufficiently respectful of David Miscavige, the leader of the Church of Ccientology.
The Vanity Fair article reports that Boniadi's relationship with Cruise ended abruptly in January of 2005.
Representatives for Cruise say the entire report is false. And in a statement to ABC News, a scientology spokesman says: "There was no project, secret or otherwise, ever conducted by the Church to find a bride. The allegation and entire premise of the Vanity Fair article is totally false."
Boniadi appearanced in nine episodes of CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" in 2011 and on "General Hospital" as Leyla Mir from 2007-2009.
- CPS adds 3 schools to turnaround list 4 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Vets raise money to build WWII submarine memorial 5 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr.
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- BNSF Metra trains moving again after semi crash at Kedzie 18 min ago
- Loyola: Student Lucas Fleisher found OK
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Iceberg twice size of Atlanta drifts away from Antarctica
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos