Michelle Obama dress by Tracy Reese, manicure sparkle at DNC
September 5, 2012 (CHARLOTTE, North Carolina) (WLS) -- First lady Michelle Obama wore a dress designed by Tracy Reese to the Democratic National Convention.
The sleeveless brocade dress is not available in stores yet, but similar pieces by Reese -- who was born in Detroit and launched her collection about a decade ago -- run about $350-400.
Reese also dressed Mrs. Obama for her first Ebony Magazine cover in May. Mrs. Obama's pink pumps were from J. Crew.
People are also talking about Mrs. Obama's manicure- and trying to guess the purple-gray shade she wore on Twitter. Ann Romney, wife of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney, wore a red Oscar de la Renta shirtdress to the Republican National Convention. That dress cost nearly $2,000.
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 7 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin 36 min ago
- Heat beat Spurs in Game 6, tie NBA Finals
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich. 6 min ago
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension 5 min ago
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases 49 min ago
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break