Michael Clarke Duncan funeral services to be held next week
September 6, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- A public casket viewing will be held in Los Angeles this weekend for actor Michael Clarke Duncan, giving fans a chance to say goodbye.
The Oscar-nominated actor's will be on public view on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Hall of Liberty at Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks and Mortuaries in Los Angeles.
A private service is scheduled to follow on Monday."The Green Mile" star died Monday in Los Angeles after complications from a heart attack July 13. He was 54.
Duncan grew up in Chicago.
"Michael was a close friend," said White Sox General Manager Kenny Williams. "He was the nicest, kindest guy anyone could ever know. He was a great fan of the Chicago White Sox and often called me to offer advice. His friendship will be missed."
Duncan worked as a bodyguard before beginning his acting career in his 30s. In addition to "Green Mile," he also appeared in "Armageddon," "The Scorpion King" and "Sin City."
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial 43 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 28 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space 44 min ago
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos