Michael Clarke Duncan funeral services to be held next week
September 6, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- A public casket viewing will be held in Los Angeles this weekend for actor Michael Clarke Duncan, giving fans a chance to say goodbye.
The Oscar-nominated actor's will be on public view on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Hall of Liberty at Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks and Mortuaries in Los Angeles.
A private service is scheduled to follow on Monday."The Green Mile" star died Monday in Los Angeles after complications from a heart attack July 13. He was 54.
Duncan grew up in Chicago.
"Michael was a close friend," said White Sox General Manager Kenny Williams. "He was the nicest, kindest guy anyone could ever know. He was a great fan of the Chicago White Sox and often called me to offer advice. His friendship will be missed."
Duncan worked as a bodyguard before beginning his acting career in his 30s. In addition to "Green Mile," he also appeared in "Armageddon," "The Scorpion King" and "Sin City."
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight 2 min ago
- Freed inmate: New investigation 'like a nightmare'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend 45 min ago
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Woman sues Four Seasons, claims injuries from massage
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake