Michael Clarke Duncan funeral services to be held next week
September 6, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- A public casket viewing will be held in Los Angeles this weekend for actor Michael Clarke Duncan, giving fans a chance to say goodbye.
The Oscar-nominated actor's will be on public view on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the Hall of Liberty at Forest Lawn Memorial-Parks and Mortuaries in Los Angeles.
A private service is scheduled to follow on Monday."The Green Mile" star died Monday in Los Angeles after complications from a heart attack July 13. He was 54.
Duncan grew up in Chicago.
"Michael was a close friend," said White Sox General Manager Kenny Williams. "He was the nicest, kindest guy anyone could ever know. He was a great fan of the Chicago White Sox and often called me to offer advice. His friendship will be missed."
Duncan worked as a bodyguard before beginning his acting career in his 30s. In addition to "Green Mile," he also appeared in "Armageddon," "The Scorpion King" and "Sin City."
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- No re-trial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd 29 min ago
- Indiana schools delayed by cold snap
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- Cozmanoff guilty in guard's hit-and-run death
- United Airlines keeps naming rights for United Center
- Golden Globe nominations announced 10 min ago
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- ABC7 To Go, December 12, 2013
7 min ago