Pam Grier in Chicago area for film screenings at Hollywood Boulevard Theatre in Woodridge and Hollywood Palms in Naperville
September 7, 2012 (WLS) -- Iconic 70's star Pam Grier is in the Chicago area, showing two of her biggest hits, and you can meet her this weekend.
The actress captivated fans in movies like "Foxy Brown" and "Coffy" during the "blaxploitation" era of cinema.
Grier got a career revival when Quentin Tarantino cast her in the lead role of "Jackie Brown."
The 63-year old has a martial arts movie coming out in November called "The Man with the Iron Fists."
Grier's memoir is being turned into a biopic. The lead role hasn't been cast yet.
Both theatres will be showing "Jackie Brown" and "Foxy Brown."
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos