Pam Grier in Chicago area for film screenings at Hollywood Boulevard Theatre in Woodridge and Hollywood Palms in Naperville
September 7, 2012 (WLS) -- Iconic 70's star Pam Grier is in the Chicago area, showing two of her biggest hits, and you can meet her this weekend.
The actress captivated fans in movies like "Foxy Brown" and "Coffy" during the "blaxploitation" era of cinema.
Grier got a career revival when Quentin Tarantino cast her in the lead role of "Jackie Brown."
The 63-year old has a martial arts movie coming out in November called "The Man with the Iron Fists."
Grier's memoir is being turned into a biopic. The lead role hasn't been cast yet.
Both theatres will be showing "Jackie Brown" and "Foxy Brown."
- Police chase, standoff closes LSD at Fullerton 22 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond 14 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 7 min ago
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Gary man shot, killed at South Side party
- Elmwood Park approves video gambling in restaurants
- Police officer among injured in Elgin crash
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine, join Russia 1 min ago
- Daily Herald: Kid Loses Foot In Train Accident
- Photos: St. Patrick's Day in Chicago
- abcnews: Curious Case of L.A.'s Tattooed Ted Cruz...
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
7 min ago