Northwestern students build 'Magic Bus' to compete in Red Bull Flugtag Chicago
September 7, 2012 (EVANSTON, Ill.) (WLS) -- Some Northwestern University students are counting on their magic school bus to take flight this weekend.
It will be part of Red Bull's Flugtag Chicago, which takes place at North Avenue Beach.
Friday, the team put their final touches on their bus creation, which was inspired by the popular children's book and TV series.
This homemade, human-powered flying machine will compete against a few dozen others to see how long it will stay airborne before plunging into Lake Michigan.
They will be judged on flight distance, creativity and showmanship.
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 16 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor