Steve Wynn awarded $20M in Joe Francis defamation lawsuit
September 10, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) -- Casino mogul Steve Wynn will receive $20 million in a slander case against "Girls Gone Wild" founder Joe Francis.
A jury ruled in favor of Wynn Monday shortly before 12 p.m. after reveiving the case Friday. The Las Vegas hotel owner claimed Francis slandered him by falsely saying Wynn threatened to kill him over a gambling debt.
Music mogul Quincy Jones testified against Francis on Thursday. Francis claims he heard about the threats from Jones, who is his friend and neighbor. But on the stand, Jones denied hearing Wynn make any threats.
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend
- World mourns Nelson Mandela
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ 37 min ago
- Illinois pension bill private signing questioned
- Local teams playing for Pop Warner football championships
- Chicago speed cameras added on North, South Sides
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Loop attorney, nephew charged with sex assault of man
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas