Billy Corgan opens tea shop in Highland Park, Madame ZuZu's
September 13, 2012 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan opened his own tea shop Thursday morning in north suburban Highland Park.
Starting at 11 a.m., the Chicago-based artist will play several acoustic sets at the debut of Madame ZuZu's tea shop, 582 Roger Williams Avenue in Highland Park.
Corgan likens his new enterprise to the kind of Chinese tea shop that would be found in Paris in the 1930s. It will feature blends from around the world and vegan pastries.
Corgan hopes to attract customers of all ages with a blend of music, photo and art displays and events.
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 45 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 17 min ago
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos