Billy Corgan opens tea shop in Highland Park, Madame ZuZu's
September 13, 2012 (HIGHLAND PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan opened his own tea shop Thursday morning in north suburban Highland Park.
Starting at 11 a.m., the Chicago-based artist will play several acoustic sets at the debut of Madame ZuZu's tea shop, 582 Roger Williams Avenue in Highland Park.
Corgan likens his new enterprise to the kind of Chinese tea shop that would be found in Paris in the 1930s. It will feature blends from around the world and vegan pastries.
Corgan hopes to attract customers of all ages with a blend of music, photo and art displays and events.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff 22 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming 28 min ago
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
28 min ago
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights...
22 min ago
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
28 min ago