Emmy statues manufactured by Chicago company, RS Owens
September 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago company has a role in Sunday's Emmy Awards: It makes the statues.
The 64th Primetime Emmys are this weekend.
Those winged statuettes celebrities hold in their victorious hands are made right here in Chicago at R.S. Owens & Company.
Monday, the statuettes went to O'Hare before making their way to Tinsel Town.
For the first time ever, the television academy instructed R.S. Owens to make up bands for the statuettes for all nominees, so winners can instantly hoist it up with their names emblazoned.
The Emmys air Sunday on ABC7 starting at 6 p.m.
entertainment, janet davies
- Snow, ice move into southern Illinois 47 min ago
- South Africa, world mourns Nelson Mandela
- Cell phone plans reduced with own device at AT&T 51 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Groundbreaking for $32M DHL facility at O'Hare
- Motorist drives onto CTA tracks in Cicero
- Woman says doc posted ER photos on social media
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Boozer leads Bulls to 107-87 win over Heat
- Man charged with raping woman he met on social media
- Jobs Report: 203K added, unemployment at 7 pct 31 min ago
- Wrigley Field Christmas tree lit
- Rose calls meniscus tear a 'freak accident'
- Lake Zurich Salvation Army kettle gets $5,200 in gold coins
- 7 in :77
- Snow, ice move into southern Illinois
47 min ago