Emmy statues manufactured by Chicago company, RS Owens
September 17, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago company has a role in Sunday's Emmy Awards: It makes the statues.
The 64th Primetime Emmys are this weekend.
Those winged statuettes celebrities hold in their victorious hands are made right here in Chicago at R.S. Owens & Company.
Monday, the statuettes went to O'Hare before making their way to Tinsel Town.
For the first time ever, the television academy instructed R.S. Owens to make up bands for the statuettes for all nominees, so winners can instantly hoist it up with their names emblazoned.
The Emmys air Sunday on ABC7 starting at 6 p.m.
entertainment, janet davies
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 3 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 51 min ago
- Signs of spring under blanket of snow
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
28 min ago
- Festival Fridays
1 min ago