Common sells South Loop condo, avoids foreclosure
October 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Even celebrities are being threatened with foreclosure.
Rapper/actor Common nearly lost his condo in Chicago's South Loop. The performer sold the two bedroom unit Monday for $350,000, slightly more than he owed Bank of America, and $50,000 less than he paid for hit.
Common and a partner bought it as an investment four years ago, hadn't made a payment since March, and the bank filed to foreclose.
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Video: Wednesday @ 6AM: Saving on Gas?
- Video: Tonight @ 10 PM: Extreme Bridal Makeovers
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Wheel of Fortune will air at 2:05 a.m.
- Schaumburg couple injured in Oklahoma tornado
- Roseland Hospital to lay off 68
- Old Orchard Mall shooting 'not a random act'
- Trial begins in Burger King manager's 2006 murder
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- CPS protests continue ahead of key school closings vote
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos