Jenny McCarthy makes 'confessions' in new book
October 2, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- When it comes to making a point, Jenny McCarthy is pretty fearless -- and in her new book, Bad Habits: Confessions of a Recovering Catholic, the Catholic schoolgirl turned Playboy playmate is at it again.
The former pin-up has written six New York Times bestsellers. Her latest is a funny look back at the naughty school girl who launched her career as playmate of the year at 22.
Now at age 39, she posed again this past August, proving she's still got it.
In her new book, McCarthy chronicles her devout Catholic upbringing. She grew up poor with three sisters in a Polish neighborhood on Chicago's South side
"I used to have a Jesus poster, the pope was over there, flaming heart of Jesus was over there, and I had some 'I love Jesus' t-shirts and bags hanging up," McCarthy told Good Morning America's Juju Chang.
But McCarthy also had dreams of Hollywood, where she built a career for two decades, only to return home recently to her hometown of Chicago to raise her son.
- Baby found in car seat pronounced dead
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine 50 min ago
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Wind Chill Advisory in effect for city, suburbs
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Chicago Children's Choir alumni reunite to honor Mandela
- Family searching for missing Lansing man
- 2 moms seek answers in sons' police shooting deaths
- Stanley Wrice, alleged police torture victim, released from...
- Man sues, alleging victimization by convicted priest
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
38 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe...
50 min ago