Brooke Burke-Charvet has thyroid cancer
November 8, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Brooke Burke-Charvet has revealed she has cancer and will soon have surgery.
The 41-year-old mother of four has thyroid cancer and admits it has taken her several months to come to grips with the diagnosis and move forward.
Brooke said she has never felt better but realizes she'll have "a nice big scar across my neck."
Burke-Charvet has continued to appear on the current season of "Dancing with the Stars," only telling close friends, including co-host Tom Bergeron, about her condition.
Her doctors say Burke-Charvet will make a full recovery and have a happy ending to the ordeal.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant