Brooke Burke-Charvet has thyroid cancer
November 8, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Brooke Burke-Charvet has revealed she has cancer and will soon have surgery.
The 41-year-old mother of four has thyroid cancer and admits it has taken her several months to come to grips with the diagnosis and move forward.
Brooke said she has never felt better but realizes she'll have "a nice big scar across my neck."
Burke-Charvet has continued to appear on the current season of "Dancing with the Stars," only telling close friends, including co-host Tom Bergeron, about her condition.
Her doctors say Burke-Charvet will make a full recovery and have a happy ending to the ordeal.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos