Brooke Burke-Charvet has thyroid cancer
November 8, 2012 (LOS ANGELES) (WLS) -- Brooke Burke-Charvet has revealed she has cancer and will soon have surgery.
The 41-year-old mother of four has thyroid cancer and admits it has taken her several months to come to grips with the diagnosis and move forward.
Brooke said she has never felt better but realizes she'll have "a nice big scar across my neck."
Burke-Charvet has continued to appear on the current season of "Dancing with the Stars," only telling close friends, including co-host Tom Bergeron, about her condition.
Her doctors say Burke-Charvet will make a full recovery and have a happy ending to the ordeal.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds