Buddy Guy gets big send-off before Kennedy Center Honors
November 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's blues community honored Buddy Guy with a huge musical send-off before he accepts the 2012 Kennedy Center Honor.
Guy will travel to Washington, DC, later this week and accept the honor on Sunday.
The 76-year-old is of one of the seven recipients of the 35th annual Kennedy Center Honors.
"Chicago, thank you very much, I love you and I'll never leave--I'll leave but I'll be back," said Guy.
The Kennedy Center Honors is the nation's highest honor for those who have influenced American culture through the arts.
The Honors gala will air as a two-hour primetime special on December 26th.
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- 7 in :77