Buddy Guy gets big send-off before Kennedy Center Honors
November 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's blues community honored Buddy Guy with a huge musical send-off before he accepts the 2012 Kennedy Center Honor.
Guy will travel to Washington, DC, later this week and accept the honor on Sunday.
The 76-year-old is of one of the seven recipients of the 35th annual Kennedy Center Honors.
"Chicago, thank you very much, I love you and I'll never leave--I'll leave but I'll be back," said Guy.
The Kennedy Center Honors is the nation's highest honor for those who have influenced American culture through the arts.
The Honors gala will air as a two-hour primetime special on December 26th.
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Man shot to death in Logan Square
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Baby who died after being left home alone ID'd
- Man arrested in shooting of Garfield Park pharmacist
- Chicago artist created pope's image for Time cover
- Metra UP West train delayed by freight train
- South Shore Line trains delayed by cold 25 min ago
- Thousands expected at Our Lady of Guadalupe shrine
- Chicago Skyway reopened after 5 injured in accident
- Renee Fleming, Yo Yo Ma celebrate CPS arts program
- Mariano's to hold 3 job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- abcnews: 911 calls in Jameis Winston case
- 7 in 77
23 min ago