Buddy Guy gets big send-off before Kennedy Center Honors
November 27, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's blues community honored Buddy Guy with a huge musical send-off before he accepts the 2012 Kennedy Center Honor.
Guy will travel to Washington, DC, later this week and accept the honor on Sunday.
The 76-year-old is of one of the seven recipients of the 35th annual Kennedy Center Honors.
"Chicago, thank you very much, I love you and I'll never leave--I'll leave but I'll be back," said Guy.
The Kennedy Center Honors is the nation's highest honor for those who have influenced American culture through the arts.
The Honors gala will air as a two-hour primetime special on December 26th.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses... 50 min ago
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos