Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 features new-mom models
December 5, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Victoria's Secret models are finally revealing that big secret -- how they get those picture-perfect bodies -- and some even strut their stuff for the cameras just months after giving birth without ever setting foot on a treadmill.
It's the ultimate exhibition of precious little clothing, gigantic wings, and a whole lot of heavenly bodies. Now, some of the Victoria's Secret Angels are giving a glimpse of what it takes to be toned and runway ready.
Models like Hilary Roda have taken to social media to show off their workout regimes. Doutzen Kroes shared a breakfast recipe of Flaxseed and Acai powder with her Twitter followers, and Candice Swanepoel shared a photo of bruised knuckles following her pre-show boxing workout.
But the secret many of us want to know?
How do those model moms get back on the runway so soon after giving birth? Surprisingly, the secret for some isn't found at the gym, on a treadmill or lifting weights
Some Angels are simply taking a leap of faith. Mary Helen Bowers, a former dancer with the New York City Ballet, trains clients using a low-impact, ballet-based fitness regimen.
She spent a year working with Natalie Portman for her Academy Award-winning role in "Black Swan" and most recently got Victoria's Secret Angel Lily Aldridge back on the runway -- just five months after giving birth to daughter Dixie.
"We focused on the areas you really want to tighten up, especially after having a baby. Her waist and abs, and all through the legs and the butt and of course, her upper body as well," said Bowers.
Bowers says her average client does just three hours of her fitness plan each week and often feels a difference in just two weeks.
- Van driver dies in fiery CTA bus crash, ID'd as Eric West, Jr. 1 min ago
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Carla Oglesby, ex-Todd Stroger aide, gets 6.5 years 17 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 5 min ago
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978 4 min ago
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Photos: "That happened how?" Bizarre mix-ups
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos