Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 features new-mom models
December 5, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Victoria's Secret models are finally revealing that big secret -- how they get those picture-perfect bodies -- and some even strut their stuff for the cameras just months after giving birth without ever setting foot on a treadmill.
It's the ultimate exhibition of precious little clothing, gigantic wings, and a whole lot of heavenly bodies. Now, some of the Victoria's Secret Angels are giving a glimpse of what it takes to be toned and runway ready.
Models like Hilary Roda have taken to social media to show off their workout regimes. Doutzen Kroes shared a breakfast recipe of Flaxseed and Acai powder with her Twitter followers, and Candice Swanepoel shared a photo of bruised knuckles following her pre-show boxing workout.
But the secret many of us want to know?
How do those model moms get back on the runway so soon after giving birth? Surprisingly, the secret for some isn't found at the gym, on a treadmill or lifting weights
Some Angels are simply taking a leap of faith. Mary Helen Bowers, a former dancer with the New York City Ballet, trains clients using a low-impact, ballet-based fitness regimen.
She spent a year working with Natalie Portman for her Academy Award-winning role in "Black Swan" and most recently got Victoria's Secret Angel Lily Aldridge back on the runway -- just five months after giving birth to daughter Dixie.
"We focused on the areas you really want to tighten up, especially after having a baby. Her waist and abs, and all through the legs and the butt and of course, her upper body as well," said Bowers.
Bowers says her average client does just three hours of her fitness plan each week and often feels a difference in just two weeks.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 13 min ago
- Bears fans warned about dangerous game weather
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up 15 min ago
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela 15 min ago
- Shirley MacLaine on Kennedy Center Honors: 'It's about time'
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- 7 in :77
24 min ago
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports
13 min ago