Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 features new-mom models
December 5, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Victoria's Secret models are finally revealing that big secret -- how they get those picture-perfect bodies -- and some even strut their stuff for the cameras just months after giving birth without ever setting foot on a treadmill.
It's the ultimate exhibition of precious little clothing, gigantic wings, and a whole lot of heavenly bodies. Now, some of the Victoria's Secret Angels are giving a glimpse of what it takes to be toned and runway ready.
Models like Hilary Roda have taken to social media to show off their workout regimes. Doutzen Kroes shared a breakfast recipe of Flaxseed and Acai powder with her Twitter followers, and Candice Swanepoel shared a photo of bruised knuckles following her pre-show boxing workout.
But the secret many of us want to know?
How do those model moms get back on the runway so soon after giving birth? Surprisingly, the secret for some isn't found at the gym, on a treadmill or lifting weights
Some Angels are simply taking a leap of faith. Mary Helen Bowers, a former dancer with the New York City Ballet, trains clients using a low-impact, ballet-based fitness regimen.
She spent a year working with Natalie Portman for her Academy Award-winning role in "Black Swan" and most recently got Victoria's Secret Angel Lily Aldridge back on the runway -- just five months after giving birth to daughter Dixie.
"We focused on the areas you really want to tighten up, especially after having a baby. Her waist and abs, and all through the legs and the butt and of course, her upper body as well," said Bowers.
Bowers says her average client does just three hours of her fitness plan each week and often feels a difference in just two weeks.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs
- No $344M jackpot winners on 12/10/13
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Attempted child abduction on Chicago's Southwest Side
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash
- DiGiorno pizza drops Wisconsin dairy farm over cow abuse video 52 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- abcnews: How Tom Hanks became Walt Disney 47 min ago
- 7 in 77