Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 features new-mom models
December 5, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Victoria's Secret models are finally revealing that big secret -- how they get those picture-perfect bodies -- and some even strut their stuff for the cameras just months after giving birth without ever setting foot on a treadmill.
It's the ultimate exhibition of precious little clothing, gigantic wings, and a whole lot of heavenly bodies. Now, some of the Victoria's Secret Angels are giving a glimpse of what it takes to be toned and runway ready.
Models like Hilary Roda have taken to social media to show off their workout regimes. Doutzen Kroes shared a breakfast recipe of Flaxseed and Acai powder with her Twitter followers, and Candice Swanepoel shared a photo of bruised knuckles following her pre-show boxing workout.
But the secret many of us want to know?
How do those model moms get back on the runway so soon after giving birth? Surprisingly, the secret for some isn't found at the gym, on a treadmill or lifting weights
Some Angels are simply taking a leap of faith. Mary Helen Bowers, a former dancer with the New York City Ballet, trains clients using a low-impact, ballet-based fitness regimen.
She spent a year working with Natalie Portman for her Academy Award-winning role in "Black Swan" and most recently got Victoria's Secret Angel Lily Aldridge back on the runway -- just five months after giving birth to daughter Dixie.
"We focused on the areas you really want to tighten up, especially after having a baby. Her waist and abs, and all through the legs and the butt and of course, her upper body as well," said Bowers.
Bowers says her average client does just three hours of her fitness plan each week and often feels a difference in just two weeks.
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- Deer on tracks halts Blue Line service temporarily
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Joliet man facing child porn charges
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- Robbie Rogers heading to Galaxy as league's 1st openly gay...
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos