Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2012 showcases new-mom models
December 5, 2012 (NEW YORK) (WLS) -- Victoria's Secret models are finally revealing that big secret -- how they get those picture-perfect bodies -- and some even strut their stuff for the cameras just months after giving birth without ever setting foot on a treadmill.
It's the ultimate exhibition of precious little clothing, gigantic wings, and a whole lot of heavenly bodies. Now, some of the Victoria's Secret Angels are giving a glimpse of what it takes to be toned and runway ready.
Models like Hilary Roda have taken to social media to show off their workout regimes. Doutzen Kroes shared a breakfast recipe of Flaxseed and Acai powder with her Twitter followers, and Candice Swanepoel shared a photo of bruised knuckles following her pre-show boxing workout.
But the secret many of us want to know?
How do those model moms get back on the runway so soon after giving birth? Surprisingly, the secret for some isn't found at the gym, on a treadmill or lifting weights
Some Angels are simply taking a leap of faith. Mary Helen Bowers, a former dancer with the New York City Ballet, trains clients using a low-impact, ballet-based fitness regimen.
She spent a year working with Natalie Portman for her Academy Award-winning role in "Black Swan" and most recently got Victoria's Secret Angel Lily Aldridge back on the runway -- just five months after giving birth to daughter Dixie.
"We focused on the areas you really want to tighten up, especially after having a baby. Her waist and abs, and all through the legs and the butt and of course, her upper body as well," said Bowers.
Bowers says her average client does just three hours of her fitness plan each week and often feels a difference in just two weeks.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home