Beyonce Pepsi deal worth $50 million
December 11, 2012 (WLS) -- Besides her appearance the Pepsi halftime show of the Super Bowl, Beyonce will also appear in everything from soda cans to commercials to cardboard cutouts in stores.
They are probably two of the most popular "brands" going these days - one, in pop music, the other in, well, soda pop. Pepsi and Beyonce are teaming up for a new partnership. The deal is thought to be worth 50 million dollars.
There are few details - but the Pepsi website says the pairing will form what the soda-maker calls "one of the most innovative global partnerships ever seen - or heard."
The deal with Beyonce is the latest in Pepsi's "Live For Now" campaign that already features acts like Nicki Minaj and One Direction. Pepsi says the Beyonce deal will be rolled out on February 3 - when Beyonce performs at halftime of the Super Bowl.
As part of the deal, the superstar will collaborate with designers on all advertising materials, including cans and bottles that feature her image. She'll also star in a global TV commercial campaign scheduled to launch next year.
Pepsi says it's eager to pioneer new ways to market both its brand and Beyonce's talents.
Beyonce attended the Atlanta Hawks Miami Heat basketball game with husband Jay-Z Monday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Firefighters, cop among 8 injured in South Side fire
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Boston police destroy 2 backpacks at marathon site
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Suspect sought in Boystown alley sex assault
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Drunk driver charged with driving 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Teen smoking sees dramatic drop in Chicago
- Shedd announces female penguin chick's name
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand