Beyonce Pepsi deal worth $50 million
December 11, 2012 (WLS) -- Besides her appearance the Pepsi halftime show of the Super Bowl, Beyonce will also appear in everything from soda cans to commercials to cardboard cutouts in stores.
They are probably two of the most popular "brands" going these days - one, in pop music, the other in, well, soda pop. Pepsi and Beyonce are teaming up for a new partnership. The deal is thought to be worth 50 million dollars.
There are few details - but the Pepsi website says the pairing will form what the soda-maker calls "one of the most innovative global partnerships ever seen - or heard."
The deal with Beyonce is the latest in Pepsi's "Live For Now" campaign that already features acts like Nicki Minaj and One Direction. Pepsi says the Beyonce deal will be rolled out on February 3 - when Beyonce performs at halftime of the Super Bowl.
As part of the deal, the superstar will collaborate with designers on all advertising materials, including cans and bottles that feature her image. She'll also star in a global TV commercial campaign scheduled to launch next year.
Pepsi says it's eager to pioneer new ways to market both its brand and Beyonce's talents.
Beyonce attended the Atlanta Hawks Miami Heat basketball game with husband Jay-Z Monday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant