George Lucas engaged to Mellody Hobson
January 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Master moviemaker George Lucas and his longtime companion, Chicago business maven Mellody Hobson, are engaged.
They've been together for seven years and are a fixture at red carpet events around the world.
Lucas is 68 and best known for his Star Wars empire, and Hobson is 43 and president of Chicago's Ariel Investments.
Lucas just sold Lucasfilm to Disney, owner of ABC7.
Lucas expects to have more time for philanthropy and personal endeavors.
entertainment, janet davies
- 4 schools could be saved in CPS closings vote 1 min ago
- $19.6M settlement in priest sex abuse lawsuit
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards Programs 24 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Boy, 16, killed in Back of the Yards shooting 31 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois schools lack tornado 'safe rooms'
- Schaumburg couple survive Oklahoma tornado
- Maywood honors man who found missing toddler's body
- Florida man pleads guilty in Bears fan death
- 'Bishop bomber' sentenced to 37 years in prison
- Addison comfort dogs headed to Moore, Okla.
- Photos: Chicago Weather: Storms sweep through area
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- abcnews: See Jennifer Lawrence's 'X-Men' Look
- 4 schools could be saved in CPS closings vote
1 min ago
- Saving on Gas? Fine Print for Rewards...
24 min ago