George Lucas engaged to Mellody Hobson
January 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Master moviemaker George Lucas and his longtime companion, Chicago business maven Mellody Hobson, are engaged.
They've been together for seven years and are a fixture at red carpet events around the world.
Lucas is 68 and best known for his Star Wars empire, and Hobson is 43 and president of Chicago's Ariel Investments.
Lucas just sold Lucasfilm to Disney, owner of ABC7.
Lucas expects to have more time for philanthropy and personal endeavors.
entertainment, janet davies
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in hunt for missing jet 8 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 26 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 42 min ago
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
42 min ago
- Cooking With Fish
4 min ago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
39 min ago