George Lucas engaged to Mellody Hobson
January 3, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Master moviemaker George Lucas and his longtime companion, Chicago business maven Mellody Hobson, are engaged.
They've been together for seven years and are a fixture at red carpet events around the world.
Lucas is 68 and best known for his Star Wars empire, and Hobson is 43 and president of Chicago's Ariel Investments.
Lucas just sold Lucasfilm to Disney, owner of ABC7.
Lucas expects to have more time for philanthropy and personal endeavors.
entertainment, janet davies
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 Skokie residents
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached 6 min ago
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 39 min ago
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Ga lottery winner claims Mega Millions prize
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 57 min ago
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus